Sunday, September 16, 2007

Russian and Portuguese MFC Resource Files

A college recently pointed out that MFC8.0 does not include support for Russian and Portuguese. This presents a small problem if you want your common dialogs to display localized information for Russian and Portuguese clients.

However, localized MFC resources are available for both of these languages, you just need to know where to look. I spent some time trawling through Russian developer forums, making use of Google translation. I eventually found some translated MFC6.0 resource files and managed to update them to MFC8.0 with the assistance of a Russian college.

Sorry I can't help with the Portuguese resources just yet. However, I'm happy to share the Russian resource files with anyone who needs them. You can download the bits here.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    we, at Interlab, France, deploy an MFC application in several different countries.

    I would be interrested in your MFC resource translation into russian, if you please to send it to me.

    Jean-Marie Epitalon
    be at@ interlab15 dot. com

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete